MARK'S PERSONAL BLOG

allvoices

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SECURITY GUARD/MGR.!

I can only go by my experience as one!

I was a security guard for over 4yrs..
And what I have seen and heard and did!
Well! Let me tell you all about it!

In my first day of in-house training.
We were told by the instructor!
That! "It does not matter if you have a gun, permit to carry one, or both"!
"All it means that by giving a guard a gun in his hand!"!
"Just gives him another reason to shoot"!

We were told that if there's a problem!
911 it!
We also learned about how to use a fire extinguisher.

Even though! When we go to a post we are to learn about the machines, units we are to monitor which was not learned at the office.

Trust me folks!
It does get better!

As time went on!
I not only got to learn the job!
But the other guards as well.
Let me tell you!

It's a mixed bag of fruits, nuts, trail mix!!!!!
There are some that are  "Want to be cops"!
But! They are so afraid that they may fail at the civil service exam!
That this! Is as close as they want to get to be!

And! The one's that are in charge of the account.
Just as bad!
Give them a title!
And they are drunk with (so-called) power!

And even the guards themselves do the same.
Even Mgr.!
Are no better than the rest of them.

You the client!
Either have to appoint someone from mgt. to supervise the guards!
Or! Have in-house security.
Because when you go for outside private security.
You stand to lose more then the other wise.
Also! The guards will schmooze the employees while working.
Not good!
I have had incidents where the guard is to check the employees badges as they come in to work.
But! When I come in too fill in.
I get from the employees: "Well so en so let's us come in w/o showing h\the badges"!
And I have to say:"Do I .look like s/he"?
They shut up real fast!

It is one of those jobs where it is not bad to do on the wknds..
But don't make it your life's work!


No comments: